What successfully blogging means to me
A few months back I told myself I would never make a good writer, I thought I didn’t have what it takes to write good content. This was because every time I went through a blog, I would see so many words that dished out meaningful sentences. The grammatical constructions always seemed perfect, tenses all in shape, and in all, a great article was served. All this made me feel unqualified to be a writer or to share my thoughts with the public.
Successful blogging is not :
I have come in contact with some amazing technical writers such as Victoria Lo, Edidiong Asikpo,Bolaji Ayodeji, Ruth Ikegah,Jome Favourite,Sai Laasya Vabilisetty,Tapas Adhikary, Varun Sridharan, Bhanu Teja Pachipulusu, Syed Fazle Rahman,Chris Bongers, They made me realize a whole lot. I learnt from each one of them that the key a successful blog
- It has nothing to do with how many complex words you use when writing.
- It doesn’t matter how many pages the article takes.
- It does not matter if you are an expert or not.
- It has nothing to do with how many people end up reading it.
- Has nothing to do with the amount of appreciation you get for the article.
What is successfully blogging?To me, successfully blogging is more than all that. Regardless of how many persons notice your blog and read your content, you should be more concerned about:
- How much knowledge the reader gains from your article📰📰.
- Make sure the message you are conveying in the blog is received. Do not spend too much time on using complex words that make reading stressful, rather dish the message in an easy to understand and relate form📝📝.
- How helpful your blog can be to someone that stumbles upon it. It is ok to make your blog post on what you are pleased with, and at the same time, it is good to have your readers at heart❤️.
- How much time you are willing to make out to share knowledge. Organize your schedule in such a way you have time to read more and write more. The closer you get to words the better you get with words 📚 .
- How much of a reader you are willing to become to improve on your writing. Practice reading from both experienced and upcoming writers, every piece of writing has a lesson you can learn from📖🔎🔍.
How many problems/questions you can give answers in your blog. Look around and within yourself, is there a challenge you are facing or have faced that you think someone might need help with? If yes, then that would make a good blog post🔐🔓.
I have learnt that I do not have to be an expert to share my knowledge in writing or to have a perfect piece to share it with the community. I also learnt that so long as you have something to say either in speech or writing there is always someone who will be willing to read your content. Then who knows, your blog might just be what they needed.